New, state-based legislation requires the following measues in all Queensland properties:
- Smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom of a home
- All smoke alarms must be interconnected to other smoke alarms in the dwelling
- All smoke alarms must be photoelectric
- All smoke alarms must be powered by either 240 volt mains or a non-removable 10 year lithium battery
- All smoke alarms must be replaced within ten years of the date of their manufacture or at any time they fail a test.
Shockingly, there have been over 150 house fire deaths in Queensland in the past 12 years. The State Govenrment has therefore commited to implement the changes recommedned by an inquest into one of these tragedies. Queensland now has the most comprehensive smoke alarm legislation in the country. New, increased penalties will apply for non-compliance with the Act.
COMPLY TODAY! - Landlords can claim compliance fees on their tax return!
The DNA Annual Smoke Alarm Service - from $99
Unlimited compliance inspections including re-attendance when alarms require attention and compliance report
Service, maintain and clean smoke alarms and replace 9 volt batteries when required
Ensure all smoke alarms meet AS-3786
Replace or install 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery powered smoke alarms in bedrooms or hallways (replacement smoke alarms at extra cost).
Five year warranty on any smoke alarm replaced or installed by a DNA Qld Electrical Technician or Electrician
Ensures compliance with Fire and Rescue Services Domestic Smoke Alarms Amendment Bill 2016